Friday, March 25, 2011


1. In what ways do you “construct” your identity?
I construct my identity through hobbies, the people i surround myself with, and sometimes material things. 
In what ways do you “perform” in your daily life?
I perform by creating art, working, and going to school.
2. Describe some ways in which your personal culture and social environments are “constructed”.
I feel like my culture/environment is constructed by media and technology.
3. Describe some ways in which your physical environment/space is “constructed”.
Some was my physical space is constructed by material things and decorations.
4. In your daily life, what would you consider to be “real” and what would you consider to be “constructed/fabricated”?
Something that's real to me concerns my feelings and emotions and the people I care about. Constructed and fabricated things would be the material things that don't matter as much.
5. Describe a narrative tableaux that you might create to be captured by a photograph. A narrative tableaux can be defined as “Several human actors play out scenes from everyday life, history, myth or the fantasy of the direction artist” ( Constructed Realities: The Art of Staged Photography Edited by Michael Kohler , 34).
A tableaux I would like to play out is a fashion photoshoot at the beach. The girls would be wearing bright neon colors of different patterns and textures. The girls would be shot from a birds eye view.
6. Describe an idea for a photograph that includes a miniature stage or still life. A description of such an image is “The tableaux reconstructs events as in the narrative tableaux, but in miniaturized format, using dolls and other toy objects” (Kohler, 34).
A tableaux using dolls I would create would be a scene from pear harbor. I would use barbie dolls and g.i. joes.

No comments:

Post a Comment