Sunday, February 13, 2011

In Camera Collage (#15)

Imagine an important place in your past...home in Sturgis, MI 


Imagine an important place in your present...living at school in E. Lansing, MI


Imagine who you were in both of these past and present places.
Sturgis: A lot younger, less mature. A perfectionist, always got perfect grades in school and a cross-country/track athlete. Depended a lot on material goods (clothing) to define myself in high school. I was also very quiet, starting to get into art, and shy.
E. Lansing: More defined artist. More laid back and my own person. Materials things mattered less when I became more comfortable with myself. Friendships and family started to mean a lot more and my relationships with them improved. 


Describe how you might use a slow shutter speed and/or double exposure to capture two moments in one image that tell a new narrative about these important places and how they relate to who you are and were.
The photos I see in my head are about growing up and becoming my own person. I think it would be interesting to have one expose of someone in their 20's hands cupped together from a bird's eye view and in the hands a picture of something from their past. Such as my home, art supplies, or a photo of downtown Sturgis.

No comments:

Post a Comment