Friday, February 11, 2011

Memory Of A Place (#11)

Memory of a Place: 


-Try to imagine a place from your past: 
  Lake Erie at Cedar Point. Overlook from the boardwalk.


-Do you have pictures of this place?:
  Photo from my cell phone...4 months ago.


-Describe this place as you remember it:
  I took this photo early in the morning the day we were leaving. It was a rainy/over cast day. I was on the boardwalk at the Cedar Point Park. This is my favorite place to go there. I love the view of the shoreline.
   
-What might a photograph look like of this place if you were to go back and photograph it?
  If I were to go back and photograph it I would love to get some photos on the boardwalk. Close up photos of the stones on the shoreline.


-What would it look like in the past?
  This place is always changing with the seasons. The wildlife along the shore would be different.  The lighting would always change with the weather and time of day. At night you can see the city lights from miles across the bay.


-What would it look like to you today?
  Today there would be snow on the ground the rocks along the shore would be covered in ice. Snow and ice crusted on the wooden planks and netting creating the boardwalk. No one would be around because the park would be closed. The fisherman wouldn't be there. It would be a really beautiful but lonely place.


-Where are you standing in this place?
  When I took the picture above I was standing on the board walk. A more interesting photo would be standing along the shoreline. 


-What other items are in this place?
  Other items are small cottages along the shoreline, benches, nets, fishing poles, families, tackle boxes.


-What colors do you see?
 I see blues, greys, greens, tans, and whites.


-Are there other people or are you alone?
 No one I know personally was there. There was are a few fisherman and families with younger children who were also taking photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment