Friday, February 11, 2011

Memory of a Photograph (#12)

-Which photograph from your past do you remember most?
  It was a photograph from high school, my senior year. I was in a film photography class. On my trip to the Dominican with my family I went on a walk of the beach to take photos and play with my new camera.


-Describe this photograph. 
  Along the shoreline there was a man selling hand carved and colorful painted masks he has made. The masks were lined up and laid up against a piece of drift wood in the sand. There's 4 masks in the photograph. It's a center composition with early afternoon lighting.


-Describe how it makes you feel when you remember/think about this photograph.
  Thinking of this photograph brings me back to that point in time and makes me remember where I was when I took it and how friendly the vendor was.

-How have you changed? 
  I've changed by this was a leisurely photograph I took I think that's why it was so good. It was something that was occuring on its own and I was just there to capture the moment out of my own enjoyment. It's something I don't do a lot of anymore.


-How has the place in this photograph changed?
  If I could go back I wonder if the guy would still be setting up shop at the same spot on the beach. I'm sure a lot of the natural elements have changed thanks to the ocean tide. 


-What would a reenactment of this photograph look like?
 A reenactment of this photograph would look like similar but slightly different objects would be lined up together. 


-Would you act or look differently if you reenacted this scene today?
I would get some more photos playing with the composition. Maybe more zoomed out to capture the surrounding area and the vendor himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment